Greetings from the Dufur School Office! I am Bonnie Everson Lepinski, the school secretary/registrar. Office aid, Kelsey Peterson and I are often the people you will talk to when you call or stop by the school office. We are available to answer questions and help with many requests!
Our office hours are 7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. We are open every school day, most non-contact days and limited hours during the summer.
Attendance: Because instructional time is highly valued, it is necessary that students be in class and prepared for the lesson on time. Parents or guardians must excuse all absences. If a student needs to miss school, here are the guidelines for clearing that absence:
- You may pre-arrange for any absence by calling the school or sending a note prior to the absence.
- If your student is sick or has to be absent for any reason, a parent must call in the morning by 9:00 a.m. You can leave messages in the general voicemail box at school, 541-467-2509.
- If a parent is unable to call to excuse the absence, they should write and sign a note and send it with the student upon their return to school.
- If a student must leave school before the end of the school day, they must bring a note from their parent or guardian, or we must receive a call to give permission.
- Any students checking in late or leaving early must sign in/out in the office. Failure to sign-out correctly will result in an unexcused absence.
All absences that are not cleared will be considered unexcused, and dealt with accordingly.